Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What is the title/author of this book?

When I was a kid I had a chapter book about a boy who drove around with his uncle? in a pickle? shaped car visiting different chicken restaurants collecting stamps on his placemat. (in order to win a contest or something) I can not for the life of me remember what it was called and it's driving me nuts! (I even want to say the cover was purple) I've run a ton of google searches (it's not Richard Scarry) but to no avail. I'm beginning to think I'm insane...What is the title/author of this book?
"Chicken Trek" by Stephen Manes

http://www.amazon.com/CHICKEN-TREK-Banta鈥?/a>

"Now Oscar's cousin Dr. Prechtwinkle has turned a regular, dime-a-dozen Picklemobile into the world's only RemDem, which, when it works, is capable of dematerializing and rematerializing seconds later anywhere in the world. Oscar and Prechtwinkle are certain that they can use it to win the prize money offered for eating a Bagful o' Chicken at every one of the 211 franchises in 60 days. But they are being pursued by Madame Gulbenkian, who sees all, knows all, casts magic spells, and can swallow a whole chicken leg in one gulp. There is a lot of Pinkwater silliness here."

No comments:

Post a Comment