Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I want a list of giant board books (around 2 foot long x 1 foot wide)?

I'm looking for a list of giant board books for children. I've seen two at the public library, Richard Scarry's Biggest Word Book Ever and Sesame Street's Big Bird's Big Book. They are both about 2 feet long by 1 foot wide. Are there more?I want a list of giant board books (around 2 foot long x 1 foot wide)?
I don't know of any way to search on the size...but I did find one that is almost that large. It's "My Big Book" by Lucy Cousins (1999, Candlewick Press). 50 cm. tall. ISBN 0760713731. Oversize book on board pages./ "My Big Book is five books in one!"/ "Each story in this collection has been previously published as a self-contained volume except: ABC is taken from Letters, originally published by Walker Books, Ltd., London; Humpty Dumpty is taken from Sing a song of sixpence, originally published by Walker Books, Ltd., London; Nursery rhymes is taken from Michael Foreman's Mother Goose."



Oh, and here's one more: "Here comes Frosty." (2000, WB World Wide Pub.) ISBN: 1588051765. 58 cm. tall.



This one is the biggest yet: "The giant and the animals" by Ann De Gale, illustrated by Antonio Lupatelli (1973, Rand McNally). ISBN: 528822799. 87 cm. tall. From the "Super giant board book" series.



Those were the only board books I found, but there are lots of "Big Books" available in the traditional paper format. Teachers use them in classes, and librarians use them for storytime. They are the same as regular storybooks, just magnified. http://www.justforkidsbooks.com/EDUBIG.H鈥?/a>



If you decide to expand your search to include smaller books, let me know and I may be able to come up with some more. I hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment