Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How can I get books from "My NOOK Library" on to my Nook color?

I have several books showing up on the "My NOOK Library" page off my Barnes and Noble account page. However, I can't figure out how to get them on to my Nook color. I've tried going to Quick Nav -%26gt; Library and click the "Sync" icon, but nothing happens. I've tried downloading some of them (some won't download; one I did DL was "Dracula), connecting my Nook to my computer (a Macbook Pro) via USB and dragging the file to the nook. But because the file is a PDB (having a PDB extension), it isn't recognized by the Nook when I go to open it. One book I'm trying to get on to my nook is the free "Richard Scarry's Colors". I saw it on the demo Nook color in the store but I can't figure out how to get it on to my Nook color.



What am I missing? How can I get the books showing up at the Barnes and Noble site on the "My NOOK Library" page actually on to my Nook color?



thnx,

ChristophHow can I get books from "My NOOK Library" on to my Nook color?
Hi, Christoph B, I assume you already figured out Wi-Fi setup for Nook Color thus you can connect to Internet - I didn't see it in your post? Also, did you register it to your B%26amp;N account? In this case, you should be able to sync your NOOKcolor to your BN.com account to make sure it is updated with all the latest content. In the lower left corner of the Library is a button with two curved arrows forming a circle. This is the Sync button. Synching your NOOKcolor downloads your latest purchases, including purchases made online and from other devices linked to your account, downloads any lend notices, software updates, and other items.

If you don't have wireless connection available at your home, you could do it at any Barnes %26amp; Noble store that provides free Wi-Fi to Nook's or any Starbucks or any McDonalds or airport or any other place that provides free Wi-Fi service.

Otherwise, you can download the book to your PC and then connect your NOOKcolor to a computer (using the NOOKcolor microUSB cable) to transfer personal files. Your NOOKcolor will appear on your computer as a removable drive. Just click on the file on your computer and copy it (drag-and-drop) to the appropriate NOOKcolor folder.

All of your personal photos, images and videos can be found in "my files" located in your NOOKcolor library. 1) Tap on "library"; 2) Tap on "my files". There are many folders within "my files" to store multimedia content: Pictures, Videos, etc. These files may also be accessed through the Gallery found in under Extras from the Home Screen.

Personal files saved on a microSD card installed in your NOOKcolor can be found in your Library.

1. Press the Home Button

2. Tap on the Quick Nav Arrow

3. Tap on "library"

4. Tap on "my files"

5. Tap on "Memory Card", found at the top of the screen, just below the row of icons.How can I get books from "My NOOK Library" on to my Nook color?
Make sure your Nook color is registered. As soon as you do, all the books you have on your account will appear. If they don't, turn off your nook and then turn it on again.



You can go to bn.com to find out how to register it.



Hope I helped

No comments:

Post a Comment